Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sick.

I feel just sick. We may lose our chance at the kids. Because of this damned recession, they're cutting people where I work, and I am one of them.

I don't know how to tell any one. Several have suggested fostering the kids, but even with the money the state will provide, we would struggle terribly caring for them - caring for ourselves. I doubt, in this position, we'd even be approved to foster.

I'm in an industry where layoffs are fairly uncommon, and so this is not expected. I chose this industry partly because it was a place where I'd be able to get and keep a job, and here I am without one again.

I suppose it's better; it's very early in our process, and we've only met them once. That really doesn't make me feel better.

I just feel sick and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment